The McMaster Neuroscience Graduate Program seeks to attract the brightest graduate minds to the field.
Neuroscience is an interdisciplinary field and our program embraces the full range of research areas. Thus, students from a range of different undergraduate programs will have appropriate backgrounds for admission to the Neuroscience Graduate program.
Applicants who hold a 4 year Honors undergraduate degree in a field relevant to Neuroscience research with a B+ average in the final year are generally admissible.
International applicants must submit TOEFL or Academic IELTS scores.
Applicants to the PhD program should have the same background in Neuroscience as entering Master’s students.
Students showing outstanding potential and high academic standing may be accepted directly to the Ph.D. program.
Before Starting Be Sure to Have...
Please allow 2 weeks after submission of your application to the Neuroscience Program at McMaster University for us to update the status of your material on the School of Graduate Studies webpage.
Got a question? Take a look at our FAQs.
If you do not find the answer there then contact us for help. We can usually answer questions within 2 business days.
Thank you for your application to the MiNDS Program at McMaster University.
Send transcripts and TOEFL scores to the following address:
McMaster Neuroscience Graduate Program Admissions
1280 Main St West - PC 416
Hamilton ON L8S 4K1
Now accepting applications for Fall 2018 admissions.
Review of Complete applications will begin January 16, 2018.
Complete your application prior to Jan 16 in order to be considered for admission.
The Admissions committee will review applications to identify promising candidates.
The selection is based on:
Follow these sections to apply for admission to the MiNDS Graduate Program
(note use the MiNDS application portal to submit material specific to your MiNDS application)
- Complete the on-line part of the School of Graduate Studies application for admission to Neuroscience program at McMaster University. (Our program can be found under the Academic Program Interdisciplinary MSc or PhD and Academic Plan Neuroscience Thesis)
- Pay the application fee.
- Set-up your account on the MiNDS Application Portal. The portal provides detailed instructions. The steps below list the information that you will be asked to submit to complete your application to the MiNDS program.
- Submit contact information for 2 Academic references. They must be faculty members.
- Provide information about the last 20 courses that you have completed.
- Upload a one page statement of your interest in neuroscience research and graduate studies in the MiNDS program.
- Provide information about your research experiences, conference presentations, publications, and awards/scholarships.
- Provide information about the areas of neuroscience research you are interested in pursuing.
- Upload a copy of your transcripts (either a scanned version or one that you have downloaded from your university)
- Send an official transcript in a sealed envelope from each university that you have attended
- If your first language is not English send TOEFL scores (minimum score 92, 580 on paper based; or 237 on computer based) or Academic IELTS scores (minimum score 7 overall and 6.5 in each section).